CO2 refill

drhusker18
Boilover Master

CO2 refill

Post by drhusker18 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:51 pm

Any perspective on Evansville CO2 refills for kegs?

Airgas and welding supply are two that pop up. What do you all use? One is more expensive based one phone calls.

I have a brand new 5# tank that just went empty and I don’t want to subject to exchange. Should I just accept and pony up my new one for what ever I get in return? It takes some time to drop off and then to refill versus the exchange process. Also thinking about getting another one as spare. Hate to just give a newly purchased one away, so to speak.

Thoughts?

Dutch
Brewmaster

Re: CO2 refill

Post by Dutch » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:20 am

We have used Korsans on Hitch Peters
Evansville welding supply near I69 may do a quick fill on your bottle
Dutch deHaan • OVHA Board Member

Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case - COINCIDENCE?

Jam095
Brewmaster

Post by Jam095 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:01 pm

I have been down this same path, and ultimately caved into exchanging with Airgas out of desperation.. they've had another nice looking aluminum to give me every time, so it’s never been an issue for me. As far as the “new” factor, your not losing anything bc they will always exchange with you regardless of the date on the bottle. If you don’t exchange, you will be responsible for the cost to have it pressure tested when that time comes.

Long and short- exchanging has made my life easier, with no sacrifices.

I’ve never tried Koorsen however.
John Mullins

Don’t judge a beer by it’s label

msjulian
Brewmaster

Post by msjulian » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:22 pm

I have exchanged and filled alum tanks at EWS. They are the cheapest I have found in town. Filling takes a few days to a week. They exchanged same day with alum tank. I would recommend calling first if you want to exchange to make sure they have an alum in stock.

I had bought a new one as well and was reluctant to exchange my newly purchased tank but quickly realized that it was about the beer and the not the pretty tank. I got over it immediately when I returned home and poured a big tall frosty one!
Last edited by msjulian on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Julian

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:41 pm

I've had good luck with EWS; personally Airgas is will always be my last resort based on price and the attitude of their counter sales staff....... :roll:
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

drhusker18
Boilover Master

Post by drhusker18 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Appreciate the comments. I will do a final price check and just exchange.