Learn to Hombrew Day 2017! (LTHD)- Nov. 4th 8am-?

Jam095
Brewmaster

Learn to Hombrew Day 2017! (LTHD)- Nov. 4th 8am-?

Post by Jam095 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:55 am

"Learn to Homebrew Day (LTHD) was established by the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) in 1999 to encourage homebrewers to introduce their non-brewer friends and family to the most rewarding hobby, obsession and lifestyle since the beginning of time!

Through beer making, demonstrations, tastings and other educational efforts, LTHD events around the world are spreading the joy of homebrewing far and wide, so don’t miss out!"

Once again, we will gather as a club to brew for this annual event! This year we will be brewing at Evansville Brewhouse, thanks to Jeff Smith for his hospitality! We encourage you to bring your brewing equipment to Evansville Brewhouse and brew up whatever is next on your list. I am planning to brew my Centennial IPA, called "The Jeffrey" for this event. I have a few oun...I mean pounds of Centennials in my freezer to use.

Jeff will be offering brewers "hot liquour" for mashing, and will open the taproom for the club at first request. I will bring my plate chiller for anyone to use, so long as you use a hop bag!

The club will also provide lunch...Not just any lunch though, a DUTCH lunch! That's right! Our man Dutch will be cooking up something tasty to soak up some of that breakfast stout.

Also, I believe Jeff is going to have the latest grain order available for distribution that day, so if you are depending on it for this brew, you might double check with him. In addition, I still have 5 pounds of Centennial pellet hops left for sale, at $7 lb!

If anyone would like to brew that day, or have a friend looking to try it out but doesn't have all of the equipment, let me know. I should be able to provide about anything needed for someone to make their very own batch. Even ingredients. That's right, I will offer up EVERYTHING needed to take home 5 gallons of homebrew for a newbie, or someone looking to make the jump to BIAB. (Recipe options based on what I have available).

Call, text, or message me if you have any questions. (812) 217-2552.

November 4th, 8am-? @ Evansville Brewhouse

Cheers!
John
John Mullins

Don’t judge a beer by it’s label

Dutch
Brewmaster

Re: Learn to Hombrew Day 2017! (LTHD)- Nov. 4th 8am-?

Post by Dutch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Do we have any kind of count so I can calculate food?
Dutch deHaan • OVHA Board Member

Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case - COINCIDENCE?

Dutch
Brewmaster

Post by Dutch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:36 pm

Looks like we will try and crush/press the last 500# of apples at EBH Sat AM

Dutch
Brewmaster

Post by Dutch » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:54 am

Now confirmed with Jeff Smith of EBH that we will be able to crush and press our remaining apples at our event at the EBH this Sat 11/4.
Should have everything on trailer.
For the five who missed the original event, don't forget your cider containers. :beer4
We should start around nine or so?

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Post by SkyBrew » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:22 am

Saturday at 9am at EBH. Thanks Dutch. Moving is a pain!
Sky B.

Jam095
Brewmaster

Post by Jam095 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:07 am

Thanks to all who attended LTHD 2017. I can say we definitely inspired several visitors! We had a couple people stop in that were interested in getting started brewing, and others (Newbies) that were interested in learning more about brewing from our members.

It seemed like everyone had a really good time, and no major hick-ups that I'm aware of.

I didn't capture any photos of the cider pressing operation unfortunately.. So if any has some they could post, that would be great.

A huge thanks to Jeff Smith for having us out to brew once again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Mullins

Don’t judge a beer by it’s label

wuertzBräu
Brewmaster

Post by wuertzBräu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:28 am

Jam095 wrote:and no major hick-ups
You mean other than that grain crane? :lol:
Josh Wuertz • 2018 OVHA President

Brewer • Haynie's Corner Brewing Co. • 2020-2022