Any body got a set of seals for corney keg I could borrow?

john mills
Brewmaster

Any body got a set of seals for corney keg I could borrow?

Post by john mills » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:09 pm

Do you have a set of keg seals I could borrow? I'll gladly return a new set when mine come in...I'll even throw in a long drink of brewn's for your trouble.
I ordered seals from McMaster yesterday, I'm sure they'll be here Monday. I didn't think I would have anything ready for the Superbowl, but I was itching to see how my American Wheat was progressing in secondary....well...It's damn good. Ready enough for mass consumption. (Actually it could wait another week, but it's at 3.8% alcohol now, and is incredibly balanced with the hops....my wife really likes it even flat)
If I can get my hands on a set of new seals it would be great...If not, I was going to just clean up the old ones and hope for the best, as I'm sure it's not going to be in the keg long....just over night at high pressure to force carbonate.
You gonna buy one, or be one?
.....I'm gonna be one!

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:45 am

Sorry, I
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

john mills
Brewmaster

Post by john mills » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:43 pm

I never thought a brew would be drinkable in as little as 2 weeks, but I wanted to do a gravity check to see how it was progressing as I can see that fermentation was slowing. Gravity has dropped 30 points from OG and tasting was great. The most important critic (my wife) said it was good and she'd drink it if it was carbonated. Sounds like it's done.
I was planning on force carbonating. I was going to jack up the pressure to 30-50lbs and leave it outside over night tonight, and do a quick sample first thing tomorrow to see if I have to either shake the hell out of it or reduce the carbonation.
I'll just clean the old seals as best as possible and hope for the best.
.....I'm gonna be one!

john mills
Brewmaster

Post by john mills » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Well the old keg cleaned up, and I only managed to drink about 1 1/2 gal of the brew during the game. My first drinking batch in about 10 years. This time around it seems better.
.....I'm gonna be one!

sirgiovanni
Brewmaster

Post by sirgiovanni » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:08 am

:)
Yeah, I have always bottled at 3 weeks when meant I had to at least wait 2 weeks to carbonate and then at least a week in the fridge. I did that first keg Friday night and had it on 25 lbs over the weekend. We drank it for the game last night and it was awesome. I would not have guessed the age except that it still has a haze that needs to settle out.

john mills
Brewmaster

Post by john mills » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:33 pm

My order from McMaster came in today as expected. Guess I'll clean up the 3 remaining empty kegs I have. Hope the keg fairy calls soon to say he's got some ready. Like Barney said to Homer "After this case, and the other case, WE'VE ONLY GOT 2 CASES LEFT. I think we need to go to the store and get more beer"
.....I'm gonna be one!