Free Blichmann Brewtility Tool

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Free Blichmann Brewtility Tool

Post by SkyBrew » Tue May 06, 2014 8:11 am

Join our email list today and receive a free BrewTility Kit!
BrewTility Kit includes:

3-in-1 BrewTility Tool
Flat-head Screwdriver to adjust your CO2 regulator
9/16" Flare Wrench - Standard size for Corny Kegging Systems
Bottle Opener
Keyring Hole
Beer Geek Pocket Protector
Beer Bottle Marker
Blichmann Logo Decal

http://www.blichmannengineering.com/free-tool
Sky B.

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Re: Free Blichmann Brewtility Tool

Post by SkyBrew » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:54 am

So I went to check my burner email today to see what was going on with this and I had this email:

Holy Cow!

The response to our free BrewTility Kit promotion was both unexpected and amazing. We blew through our supply of 10,000+ BrewTility Kits in less than a week.

Unfortunately, if you’re reading this email, it’s because your submission didn’t make it in on time to receive one of the kits. However, we’d like to extend a token of our appreciation for your ongoing interest and support. We're giving away one 20-gallon BoilerMaker™ brewpot fitted with our newest innovation, the BoilCoil™ Electric Heating System. And while we’re at it, we’re throwing in a handful of BeerGuns™ as well. Everyone who signed up has been entered into this giveaway. We will annouce the winners via email on Friday, May 16.

Again, we thank you for your continued support of Blichmann Engineering. Everyone here is thrilled by the overwhelming response we received this week.

What the heck Blichmann.. how are you going to offer something free for signing up for email spams, then not give the people what they signed up for but start spamming their email anyway. Oh well
Sky B.

KennyPurcell
Brewmaster

Post by KennyPurcell » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:52 pm

From what I gathered you had to respond in some way to that email to stay on the list. Those that did were eligible for another drawing (which I didn't win). John Blichmann responded on homebrewtalk
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/free-bl ... ndex3.html
Kenny Purcell • Former OVHA President (2016)

Up Next:
Fermenting/Aging: Citra/Amarillo DIPA
On Tap: Cider, Dry Stout, 2016 OVHA Barrel Aged RIS & OMDG
Bottled: Squatch Crotch American Imperial Stout 2014, 2014 OVHA FES, Ass Crack of Don Bourbon Stout (Don't drink and name your beers), Giraffe Head Coffee Stout, & 2013 OVHA Barrel Aged Old Ale, St. Cyril's Strong Ale

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Post by SkyBrew » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:24 am

pretty classy of him to respond on it.

Hi all - John here from Blichmann Engineering.

First, I would NEVER sell or give these email addresses to ANYONE. I hate getting that stuff myself and it certainly isn't a good business move either!

Second, I really apologize for how quickly this ended. We were going along fine for the first 4-5 days and thought I'd be able to leave this promotion going for 4-6 weeks at least. Then sites like "freebies.com" got hold of it and the thing went viral. Either someone posted it or they picked up on the FREE word with a bot. We shut it down as quickly as we realized what was going on, but it went from 3000 entries to 25,000 in about 6 hours. Obviously internet looters wanting the tool who know nothing of home brewing. I had no idea there were sites and people like that out there in such numbers. How sad.

We are regrouping and trying to figure out how to get these into the hands of real home brewers. Therein lie the second give-away offer.

Again, I really apologize for this and will figure out a way to get these tools into brewers hands. If you got an email with a "sorry you didn't make it" all I can suggest is that you click the link at the bottom to stay on the email list (hint hint) and something may show up in your mailbox. But PLEASE don't post that hint on the freebie sites!

Again, we intended for this to be a way for us to reach out to homebrewers about what's going on at Blichmann and to get you a cool kegging tool and some fun trinkets.

John

Don't worry guys - I'd be as pissed as you if I were in your place. Looking at it from your side I can see where this looked like a total scam. I don't think I'm smart enough to pull something off as masterminded as that! Of course I'd need freakin sharks with freakin laser beams on their heads to get started.

Do the right thing and in the long run things will work out. We'll get this turned around. I appreciate you all giving me the benefit of the doubt.

I suppose the good thing is that even non-brewers thought our little beer tool was nifty.
Sky B.

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:45 pm

John is awesome. He brewed some beer at the NHC on the new electric system. It's very cool! But $$$ And always helps out at Indy Brewers Cup. Stand up guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Blancaster
Brewmaster

Post by Blancaster » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 pm

I initially got the email stating that I wasn't getting the tool. Then what do you know! Today I received it in the mail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brandon Lancaster • OVHA Board Member

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Post by SkyBrew » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:23 am

There was a box of them at the Indiana Brewers cup they were handing them out to everyone that came in
Sky B.

msjulian
Brewmaster

Post by msjulian » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:13 pm

I got the email that said I missed out. Still nothing in the mail :cry:
Michael Julian

sirgiovanni
Brewmaster

Post by sirgiovanni » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:56 am

I have one if you want it. Mine is sitting where I put it when I brought it home.
What would Jesus Brew?
Jimmy

msjulian
Brewmaster

Post by msjulian » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:34 am

That's ok... I would rather pout about it..
Michael Julian

Octabird
Boilover Master

Post by Octabird » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Sirgiovanni if you are not using it, I would not mind checking it out.

Mr. Octabird
American Made!

sirgiovanni
Brewmaster

Post by sirgiovanni » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:35 am

sure thing, I'll try to remember for the next meeting.
What would Jesus Brew?
Jimmy