July Meeting?

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

July Meeting?

Post by Chris Norrick » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:42 pm

Any news on the July meeting? It would be great to pick up a club t-shirt there if they are ready.
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

jefrey3
Brewmaster

Post by jefrey3 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:16 pm

The July meeting is a social event at Steve Woods house next Saturday, July 29th. I won't be able to come because I'll be in Indy for a festival. I hope everybody has a good time.

Justin Rumbach
Brewmaster

Post by Justin Rumbach » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:09 pm

Can somebody post directions to Steve's? Will there be t-shirts ready for the SWIRCA event?
For everyone I haven't met, I used to live in Evansville and was a member of OVHA. After moving home to Jasper, and missing having good friends to brew with, I decided to try to start my own club. I am happy to say that I have been the president of the Dubois County Suds Club since 2006 (although I still miss my OVHA buddies)!

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:07 pm

I've been there once, let me see if I can find my directions. Anyone know what time?

Good as I can do, Lat/Lon from google maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... =UTF8&om=1

I think that's it, if not it's the next house.
Chris Norrick
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:30 pm

Here are the directions copied from the Newsletter that I got in the mail today.

Directions to the Brewery On Barton

The Bar-N Brewery on Barton is on Barton Road just north of Volkman Road. From the East Side, drive north on Greenriver road until it ends at Petersburg Road. Continue north to Baseline Rd(four way stop). Turn left, then right onto Volkman Road at the top of the big hill. Follow Volkman to the stop sign and Seven Hills Road. Cross traffic does not stop, so watch. Continue through the intersection (road name changes - - Volkman is to the left to 41, Barton goes north). Drive to the Bar-N is the second drive on the left going uphill to the big pole barn.

From Evansville or the West Side, take 41 or St. Joe north to Baseline Road. Turn right (east) on Baseline to Volkman, turn left and follow the above directions. You can also take Volkman Rd from 41 to Barton if you wish.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:56 pm

Is this a pot-luck type thing?
Chris Norrick
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:15 pm

Pot luck it is.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Kenny Lucas
Brewmaster

Post by Kenny Lucas » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:59 pm

Sadly :( , I will be silently resting in a cabin in the hills of Tennessee this weekend sipping on some of the various left over brews that we robbed from the refrigerated truck at the Brewcup.

JohnD
Brewmaster

Post by JohnD » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:35 am

We have a monthly meeting. Summertime, they are strictly social, as if the regular ones are not!! Sept. thru May they are at Germania on Fulton street. The one this month is Saturday at Steve Woods' house. Dues are 25.00 per year. Bring homebrew to the meetings. That is a requirement :>)

:beer2
John Dippel

Barley, water, yeast & hops. The things dreams are made of!!

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:55 pm

If you don't have any homebrewed beer to bring it's OK to substitute an interesting commercial beer, or just bring yourself.
Dwayne Delaney

Billy Carter