Website Improvements thread

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Website Improvements thread

Post by Chris Norrick » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:24 pm

Apart from missing info in the Contact area, and not yet having a photo gallery upload function, what else would you guys or our visitors like to see on the webpage?

-Chris

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:41 pm

:idea: A simple way, perhaps with a form of some type, to input our favorite recipes into a database that could be accessed from the homepage.........just an idea.

Great job!
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:29 pm

Good idea, I'll see if I can figure something out.

-Chris

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:42 pm

:idea: Check with Peter to see if he has softcopies of the newsletters that can be posted.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:21 am

yes, newsletters would be good! Looks like I still need to move over our avatars and finish up getting the Picture Gallery up and running. And I still need to look around for a database program for the recipes. Had a Boy Scout campout over the weekend, so I'm a little slow today... oh, I also registered this domain with Google. I'll put in some tags later so the web crawlers will start picking it up. And a redirect to the 'new site' will be going on the 'old site' soon.

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:13 pm

OK, got the Gallery 2 MOD up and running (I think). There is now a little button up at the top of the message board. A little camera with Gallery 2 next to it. You can directly upload your photos here to a "members gallery". Not quite sure how to link those photos to posts. We'll just have to play with it. You should already have an account set up if you are a member on here. Let me know if it works or if you have problems, this is the first time I've used this program and it was a huge ordeal to integrate it into our message board so there may be some 'issues'.
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:00 pm

You can now change your Username if you would prefer a common name like mine, Dwayne's and Justin's (makes it easier to figure out who everyone is). And you can add html to your signature line, as shown below.
Chris Norrick
Fermenting:
On Tap:

mIKE AND jACKIE
Boilover Master

Post by mIKE AND jACKIE » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:00 pm

i m so amazed at this and all you have done..honors to W E B M A S T E R

JohnD
Brewmaster

Post by JohnD » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:05 am

I have to agree w/ Mike & Jackie. Hail to the Webmaster!!!! I think the site is very well done. Being technologically challenged though, I tend to be easily impressed. A philosopher with a mug full of homebrew once said"In the land of the blind, a man with one eye can be a king."
:beer3 Thanks! You have done a great job on the website.

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:18 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I've started work on the recipe database, but it's a ways away from unveiling. I'll post when I get it working the way I want.
Chris Norrick
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:16 pm

Woo! You've asked for it and now I can almost deliver! A simple way to upload and display pictures in your posts!!!

The tricky part will be uninstalling that crappy Gallery 2 and putting the new one on. That may take a little work.

Anyway, uploading to your NEW personal gallery is very easy and then to insert pics into your message board post uses the very simple code of: [albumimg](insert picture number here)[/albumimg]. The gallery will even generate this code for you to just cut and paste! It makes thumbnails, has image editing like rotating and resizing, and "special" effects, and a slide show, etc.

I need some testers to give this thing a whirl. PM me if interested and I'll send you the link to the test site. You'll have to register on it, so don't get confused between it and the real site!
Chris Norrick
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:37 pm

ok, testing is over, I like this system. A long post will follow on how to upload your own pics in no less than 22 (or so) steps. :lol: You may want to grab a beer for this lesson.
Chris Norrick
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Kenny Lucas
Brewmaster

Post by Kenny Lucas » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:47 pm

Not a biggie, but a link back to the home page would be nice. Uplaoded some photos, it was easy enough my dog could have done it.

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:09 pm

Got the link to the homepage up. And your pics are looking good! Did you build Brewtus or have it made?
Chris Norrick
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Kenny Lucas
Brewmaster

Post by Kenny Lucas » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:05 pm

I built Brewtus myself over the course of about a year of gathering parts, about a hundred sketches and many nights being locked up in the barn with the welder. Of course it's still far from perfect.