S.W.I.R.C.A. Festival 2006

Justin Rumbach
Brewmaster

Post by Justin Rumbach » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:38 pm

Looks good Chris! That aerial of the riverfront isn't copyrighted is it??
For everyone I haven't met, I used to live in Evansville and was a member of OVHA. After moving home to Jasper, and missing having good friends to brew with, I decided to try to start my own club. I am happy to say that I have been the president of the Dubois County Suds Club since 2006 (although I still miss my OVHA buddies)!

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:40 am

Well, the Fest is about a month away. I guess that we need to get an idea who's bringing what. I have a keg of the extract Poor Richard that we made at the Big Brew and should have a keg of American Amarillo Wheat ready by then. I will also have some Barleywine and Mead in bottles. Also, is there a date for the Brew-Ha-Ha yet?
Last edited by Dwayne_Delaney on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:52 pm

Well... I have some of the Big Brew K
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:09 pm

I'll probably get a chance to brew this weekend. Any suggestions as to what I could brew quickly for the Fest? We had quite a few requests last year for a "regular" beer. I thought that maybe I could make an Amber or cream ale without an overly aggressive hop schedule. I haven't brewed a boring beer in years!
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

JohnD
Brewmaster

Post by JohnD » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:07 pm

No reason to start brewing boring beer now!!!! Even pale, yellow beer can be interesting. Create a masterpiece.
John Dippel

Barley, water, yeast & hops. The things dreams are made of!!

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:59 pm

My taste buds have been afflicted by the dreaded IBUitus.
Dwayne Delaney

Billy Carter

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:20 pm

Not too extreme, not too boring.

Ingredients
8.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row)
0.50 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 15L
1.00 oz Saaz [3.00%] (60 min)
1.00 oz Saaz [3.00%] (15 min)
1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04)
(I decided on S-04 because it has a quick start and clears quickly.)

Estimated Original Gravity: 1.049 SG
Estimated Final Gravity: 1.013 SG
Estimated Color: 4.4 SRM
Bitterness: 16.5 IBU
Estimated Alcohol by Volume: 4.7 %

What do you think?
Dwayne Delaney

Billy Carter

Kenny Lucas
Brewmaster

Post by Kenny Lucas » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:53 pm

I think if it you make it , they will come. Looks like a good basic beer recipie that should appeal to the masses. I think I am going to attempt to recreate my state fair brown this weekend for the festival. Probably
Sat. Morn.

kbhale
Hophead

Post by kbhale » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:51 pm

Been trying to find some information on the festival. Any information whats going to be there or links.

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:04 am

Here is the link to the poster from Chris' previous post. It has all of the info.
http://www.ovha.net/images/posters/Craf ... r_2006.pdf
Dwayne Delaney

Billy Carter

Justin Rumbach
Brewmaster

Post by Justin Rumbach » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:19 pm

I kegged a Centennial/Simcoe IPA and a Chocolate Porter last night. Both smelled and tasted nice, so I will probably bring some of each of those. Does someone have a big jockey box or do I need to hand bottle??

Also, someone was asking about ticket discounts for groups of 10? They said tickets were available for $15 if bought this way. Any truth to that?

Thirdly, can OVHA members get tickets cheaper than $20 for friends and family?
For everyone I haven't met, I used to live in Evansville and was a member of OVHA. After moving home to Jasper, and missing having good friends to brew with, I decided to try to start my own club. I am happy to say that I have been the president of the Dubois County Suds Club since 2006 (although I still miss my OVHA buddies)!

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:20 pm

Please list your recipe and any style notes etc for any beer you are going to bring. I'll make up some cards or something for anyone that asks for some info at the fest for who ever is serving at the time. I might also make up some OVHA Business cards with the web address and meeting schedule.

And Dwayne is going to be serving with this:
[albumimg]63[/albumimg]
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:48 pm

Just the kinda Bar Maid these guys have been looking for...............
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dwayne Delaney

Billy Carter

Kenny Lucas
Brewmaster

Post by Kenny Lucas » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:28 am

Justin, as far as a "jockey box" goes, Jack has one that serves no less than 6 at a time and is currenly set up for five Pepsi and one Coke style fitting. I think Jim Dippel also has his own sweet mobile set up. Bottles also always work just fine. Remember, we're homebrewers, if we want to serve from and old green bean can, we can.

If you look on the pictures page on this site, you can see the box in action from the HA HA a few years back.

jefrey3
Brewmaster

Post by jefrey3 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:49 pm

My jockey box has 7 taps. The lines all have threaded fittings. I have ball lock kegs & connectors. The pin lock connector that was put on at BrewHaHa is no longer on it. I have a couple of threaded pin lock
connectors around someplace, but I have to look for them. The homwbrewers can use it if they need it, but if they don't, I'll use it for the brewery. I will submit a list of participating breweries & wineries.