OVHA 2nd Annual Cookout by the Lake

ChuckB
Boilover Master

OVHA 2nd Annual Cookout by the Lake

Post by ChuckB » Thu May 15, 2008 4:10 pm

When: Saturday, June 14th, 5:00 P.M. - ?

Where: Chuck's family lake (10601 St. Wendel Road)

Your invited to an evening at my family's private lake for a cookout. Jim W and I will be serving grilled burgers and Dewig's brats about 6 P.M.

Just like last year, please plan to bring a covered dish and a serving utensil. Lawn chairs, coolers, homebrew, etc., are in order as well.

For all non-kitchen types, it would be great if a few people could volunteer to bring some ice & soft drinks instead of a dish. It would be equally as great if someone else could also volunteer to bring condiments instead of a dish. Just post a reply so I'll know it's covered. Jim and I will take care of everything else. :lol:

My in-laws built the lake to share and host gatherings just like ours. It's where we live, and it's where we like to party! We have a shelter house, cabin with bathroom, firepits, docks and beaches. We keep it clean and well manicured, giving you the feeling of being in your very own park. It is rustic with no electrical service, and the surrounding woods keep it very private. If you'd like to swim, bring your suit, the water is clean. If you'd like to fish, bring your gear. (No minnows please.)

Here are the driving instructions:

These directions are based on leaving from the intersection of the Llyod Expressway and St. Joseph Avenue. (right in front of Bristol-Myers Squibb at 2400 Llyod Expressway.) Please modify your route accordingly.

1.North on St. Joseph Avenue.

2.Turn left onto Mesker Park Drive. (Helfrich Hills Golf Course will be on your left.)

3.Turn left on Hwy 66 (Diamond Avenue).

4.Turn right at next traffic light which is Highway 65 (Big Cynthiana Road) and head north 2.7 miles. (Go slow or you will miss the next turn.)

5. Turn left onto St. Wendel Road at flashing yellow caution light for German Township Fire Department.

6.Drive north one mile on St. Wendel Rd to 4-way stop. Continue straight ahead from 4-way stop. (You will pass St. Joe Inn on your right and St. Joseph Church on your left.)

7.One mile north from the St. Joe Inn is 10601 St. Wendel Road. The name on the mailbox is Tony Ruminer. (Look for OVHA sign.)

When you arrive at 10601 St.Wendel Road, turn right onto gravel drive. This is my father-in-law's residence. Follow signs and drive straight up the drive past the house and past the little well house, follow the gravel lane through the fields to the lake (app. 1/3 mile.)

(You can also use Diamond Avenue. Just skip steps 1
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
-Tom Waits

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Thu May 15, 2008 9:59 pm

Chuck, thank you for the hospitality. I'm looking forward to it. I had a great time last year.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter