[quote]Second Annual
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Sun May 18, 2008 6:08 pm

Post here if you are planning on attending. They are trying to get a rough head count for the food etc.

I can't make it this year, I'm heading for Alaska.
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Sun May 18, 2008 9:59 pm

I plan on driving up. I can take 5 with me.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

jefrey3
Brewmaster

Post by jefrey3 » Sun May 18, 2008 10:31 pm

I would like to go, but I'm going to a beer festival in St. Louis.

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Tue May 20, 2008 8:50 pm

If anyone has any beers to enter into the Indiana Brewer's Cup, I can drop them off while I'm at the Beer-B-Q. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the next meeting, so other arrangement will have to be made to get them to me. I'm reluctant to post my cell phone number here but you can get my number from someone at the next meeting.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Fri May 30, 2008 10:42 pm

I will be out of town all of next week, returning Friday. If anyone has any beers for the Brewer's Cup that they want me to deliver to Indy on the 7th, I can meet them at Germania(rear parking area) on Friday the 6th at around 7pm.

I haven't had anyone accept my invitation to ride with me to the Brew-B-Q yet. Come on guys, I really don't want to show up alone this year. I have room for 5 people and I do take my designated driver duties seriously. All you have to do is kick back and enjoy the ride. The only requirement is to bring some beer to share. The hosts would also like us to purchase an event tee shirt if possible. I'll be leaving at around 8am Saturday the 7th. The event lasts until 5pm our time. Contact me here or email me for my cell phone number to make arrangements. I guarantee a good time!
Dwayne Delaney

Billy Carter

JohnD
Brewmaster

Post by JohnD » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:49 am

Dwayne,
I'd like to go to the BrewBQ w/ you but can't. If you are taking beer to enter in the Brewers Cup, I'll meet you at Germania at 7PM Friday. Sorry to have to miss a great time! :beer8
John Dippel

Barley, water, yeast & hops. The things dreams are made of!!

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:52 pm

My wife and I battled flooded roads, closed interstates and snarled traffic but finally made it to the Indy Brew-B-Q yesterday. (two hours late) We had a great time; lots of great beers, lots of friendly homebrewers, lots of good food, lots of great door prizes.
It would be nice if we made an extra effort next year to have a larger group attend. They were looking for our orange shirts!!

Here is an email I received from the hosts today.

Fellow Indiana Homebrewers,

Thanks for making Indiana Homebrew Club Day – The Second Annual Brew-B-Q 2008 another big success. Despite the horrible weather and the flooding across the state that kept some people from attending, we still probably had 80 - 90 people in attendance. Anita Johnson, the owner of Great Fermentations, arranged for us to use a vacant warehouse behind her shop and it worked out great.

It was incredible to see how the enthusiasm for this event has grown. Clubs showed up this year with jockey boxes, bars on wheels, and even a brewmobile, with taps built into the trunk! There were about 20 corny kegs on tap, and that is in addition to all the bottled homebrew! We also had a huge list of probably 45+ door prizes! Thanks to everyone for all their help, contributions and support (more on this below). I don’t think I’m the only one already looking forward to next year’s event. We also got some good ideas for next year, such as having some beer-related activities such as bobbing for beers (great beers submerged in ice cold water), a beer trivia game, etc. The 2009 event will probably be held around the same time as this year (i.e. the first or second Saturday in June), so please get it on your calendar and start thinking about your club’s plans. Let’s keep making this bigger and better!

Some specific thanks and notes…

--- I was so busy that I forgot to get pictures to record the event. If you took photos, please send them to me. I will compile a set from what I receive and send them to everyone.

--- If you still want to order a shirt (see the revised logo for this year attached), please let me know. The all white T-shirts are $20 for S, M, L, XL, $23 for XXL, $24 for XXXL, and $26 for XXXXL. Add $3 for the white shirt with the black collar. Just let me know by Wednesday of this week and send me a check. I will deliver all the shirts at the Brewers Cup reception, or contact me to arrange to get your shirt.

--- Thanks to everyone that bought a shirt and/or put some money in the donation jar. We didn’t make enough to cover our full costs for the event, but it was a big help! Thanks!

--- Thanks to Anita and Great Fermentations for the space, the port-o-potties, the door prizes, the beer and the hospitality!

--- Thanks to John Blichmann and Blichmann Engineering for some great door prizes including a Beer Gun and a couple Brewmometers.

--- Thanks to book author, Randy Mosher, for the door prizes, which included a couple autographed books and some cool spices and sugars.

--- Thanks to Bob Mack and World Class Beverages for the beer for door prizes!

--- Thanks to Jeff Eaton and Barley Island for the beer for door prizes (and the extra ice)!

--- Thanks to FBI member Frank Petrarca, who cooked all the awesome smoked meats we enjoyed! It was delicious!

--- Thanks to the Indiana Brewing and Drinking Society (IBADS) for their all out enthusiasm of brewing during the event and then providing a full, pitched carboy of IPA as a door prize (Anita / GF provided the carboy and airlock). This was really cool!

--- Thanks to all the clubs that showed up. I think we had 10 of the 16 clubs represented!

--- Thanks to all the FBI members that helped with set up and tear down, and/or with the food prep, including Brian and Dean Steuerwald, Doug Osburn, Don St. Peters, Paul Edwards, Tom Stilabower, Carl Nelson, Mark Schiess, Greg Kitzmiller, Steve Hugus, Tom Wallbank, and all of those I’m sure I’m forgetting. We couldn’t do this without all this great assistance! Thanks!

I think that’s all for now. Let’s make next year even bigger and better!

Remember to send me photos.

Thanks,

Ron Smith

MarketWise Solutions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dwayne Delaney

Billy Carter