Upland Brewing Company UpCup AHA/BJCP Sanctioned

jefrey3
Brewmaster

Upland Brewing Company UpCup AHA/BJCP Sanctioned

Post by jefrey3 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:32 pm

Hello everyone,

Please forward the following along to all your members or interested parties. If I missed any homebrew clubs I apologize in advance, please forward them the necessary information. There will be a link for all of the following at www.uplandbeer.com in the next couple days. Happy Brewing!

Caleb Staton
Head Brewer
Upland Brewing Co.

Upland Brewing Company UpCup

What:

AHA/BJCP Sanctioned Homebrew Competition
One entry per homebrewer, $5 entry fee, two bottles required
Best of Show Winner receives UpCup, recipe will be brewed on the Upland Brewhouse and entered into the 2008 GABF Pro-Am Competition

When:

Entries due by Memorial Day (May 26th)
Competition Judging starts 10:00 am on May 31st, lunch provided for judges
Awards Ceremony at 5:00 pm May 31st, dinner buffet provided for all who attend
Music and Festivities begin at 6:30 pm

Additional Info:

The Upland Brewing Company UpCup is part of the Upland 10th Anniversary Celebration, which recognizes ten years of being Indiana's beer over ten days of entertainment and festivities. The UpCup will be the first major event of the 10 day celebration, giving homebrewers the chance to win a stepped up version of their recipe on the Upland Brewhouse for entry into the 2008 GABF Pro-Am Competition.

Rules/Instructions:

One entry per homebrewer, requirement of 2 bottles for the entered beer

Entries must be mailed or delivered to the following address ARRIVING BEFORE MAY 26th, 2008:

Upland Brewing Co. UpCup
350 W. 11th St.
Bloomington, IN 47404

Along with the entries the following must be included:

BJCP entry form, found at www.bjcp.org (the direct link is http://www.bjcp.org/SCP_EntryRecipe.pdf)
- Entrant need only fill out Brewer Information and Entry Information, Ingredients and Procedures section not necessary

Each bottle must have a filled out Bottle ID form attached, preferably by rubber band
- Bottle ID form can be found at www.bjcp.org (the direct link is http://www.bjcp.org/SCP_BottleID.pdf)

$5 check made out to Upland Brewing Co. for the entry fee. Entry fees will be redistributed to all attending BJCP certified judges who will be evaluating for the day.

Any questions can be directed to Caleb Staton, Competition Organizer at caleb@uplandbeer.com

Awards will be given based on number of entries, with a Best of Show receiving the UpCup.

Good luck to all!

john mills
Brewmaster

Post by john mills » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:47 am

Getting paid to drink beer as a BJCP certified judge. :shock:
Son of a....if I ever run across my high school guidance councelor, that man will get a swift kick in the sack. :mad:
Eight years of college down the drain :roll:
You gonna buy one, or be one?
.....I'm gonna be one!