Jack on YouTube & Dubois County Homebrewers

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Jack on YouTube & Dubois County Homebrewers

Post by Chris Norrick » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm

as promised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXvOi7C_5EI

Looks like it cuts off at the end there. I had a few beers before shooting...

This is the tour Jack gave to the Dubois County Homebrewers on Saturday. They had a huge group show up! Over 20 people. Dwayne, Josh, Robbie, and I crashed the party. Jim also showed up. We hit the Gerst for the after party. They followed us there! A good time was had by all.

We've got to try and go up to one of their meetings. I believe they are the second Monday of the month.
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Justin Rumbach
Brewmaster

Post by Justin Rumbach » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Great video Chris!

We meet the first Tuesday of the month at the Schnitzelbank in Jasper. Meetings always start at 7pm and wrap up when the last of us leave. You guys are always the welcome and the Schnitz is a great spot if you haven't been before. Lots of great beer and good food as well.

We are brewing in May and November, so no meetings those months.
For everyone I haven't met, I used to live in Evansville and was a member of OVHA. After moving home to Jasper, and missing having good friends to brew with, I decided to try to start my own club. I am happy to say that I have been the president of the Dubois County Suds Club since 2006 (although I still miss my OVHA buddies)!

Justin Rumbach
Brewmaster

Post by Justin Rumbach » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:21 am

FYI -you are all invited

The next meeting for the Dubois County Suds Club is planned for Tuesday, April 1, at 7pm at the Schnitz in Jasper. Steve Dills and Steve Schatz have brewed clone recipes of Stone's Arrogant Bastard Beer. Dills brewed an all grain recipe and Schatz used extract. I have reserved bottles of the original beer from the bar and we will compare all three in a blind tasting at the meeting. For those who haven't had it, Arrogant Bastard is a 7.5% American Strong Ale that is both super hoppy and super malty. This tasting should be fantastic!
For everyone I haven't met, I used to live in Evansville and was a member of OVHA. After moving home to Jasper, and missing having good friends to brew with, I decided to try to start my own club. I am happy to say that I have been the president of the Dubois County Suds Club since 2006 (although I still miss my OVHA buddies)!

jefrey3
Brewmaster

Post by jefrey3 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Jasper is an hour ahead of us. The time is 6:oo pm Evansville time. It is about an hour drive to Jasper. Anyone interested in going?