Sleep in Heavenly Peace

Dutch
Brewmaster

Sleep in Heavenly Peace

Post by Dutch » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:08 am

Per my intro at last night’s meeting I have added a link to the SHP website.
There is a lot of good reading there. Essentially, there is a “BUILD” on the second Saturday AM of each month. At that time volunteers meet to assemble beds essentially from scratch. One group does the sub-assembly and a second group delivers and does simple set up in the homes. Prior to that day the organization sets a target for the number of beds to be made. No tools or special skills are needed and there is plenty of non-strenuous work for all.
Everything’s scheduled to be complete by noon.
A very rewarding way to spend a Saturday AM.
I will be speaking to the local chapter chair to possibly set up a team build with the OVHA first quarter 2021.
Any and all comments are welcome.
A great way for us to be in the public arena for a bit given the effects of COVID on our event schedule and a great way to give back to the community.

https://www.shpbeds.org/
Dutch deHaan • OVHA Board Member

Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case - COINCIDENCE?

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Re: Sleep in Heavenly Peace

Post by SkyBrew » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:35 am

A great cause I think we can all appreciate.

I have always felt that with a club our size we should put some effort into giving back to the community
Sky B.

Dutch
Brewmaster

Re: Sleep in Heavenly Peace

Post by Dutch » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:03 pm

Well this Saturday we helped make 20 beds for local children who had previously slept on the floors of their homes.
We had three folks from the OVHA and hope to have more next month.
December 12 will be next build.
I will hopefully be able to get an EMAIL out to all members so that you can volunteer and close the loop with me for that date and every second Saturday for subsequent builds. Anyone over age of 16 can help as there are many jobs that do not require special skills.
It is a very rewarding experience.
Dutch deHaan • OVHA Board Member

Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case - COINCIDENCE?