Proposed Changes to the Bylaws

Goldilocks
Brewmaster

Proposed Changes to the Bylaws

Post by Goldilocks » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:13 pm

I have attached a copy of the existing bylaws and a copy with my changes already made. Please feel free to re-word or discuss here. We plan to vote on each item separately at the September meeting.

Here is the synopsis of the changes:
ART 2/SEC 3: Remove "Additional family members living under the same roof can be added at $10 each per year."

ART 2/SEC 6: Currently reads "A member in good standing is a member who is current in payment of dues." There was some discussion in the meeting to add more definition to this but i'm not sure what to put there.

ART 3/SEC 1: Add "or near" to the following sentence "When the last Wednesday falls on (or near) a national holiday, the Regular Meeting will be rescheduled by the Board of Directors at least one month before the regular meeting date."

ART 4/SEC 5: Remove "Special meetings of the Board may be called by any member of the Board of Directors upon 7 days notice in person, mail, or electronic delivery."

ART4/New SEC: Create SECTION 9 to state "SECTION 9. If a board member is unable to attend 2 consecutive board meetings, the Board of Directors has the ability to remove that member from the board if they deem necessary. The board will then name a replacement to serve the remainder of the term."

ART 5/SEC 3: Remove from secretaries duties "to keep a record of attendance of Board members at all meetings"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amelia Gonzalez • Past OVHA Treasurer

This cider is JUST right!

Goldilocks
Brewmaster

Re: Proposed Changes to the Bylaws

Post by Goldilocks » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:44 pm

No comments or discussion? I'm assuming we are voting on this at EVV Brewhouse at the next meeting.

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Post by SkyBrew » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:28 pm

ART 5/SEC 3: Remove from secretaries duties "to keep a record of attendance of Board members at all meetings

proposed modification

ART 5/SEC 3: "to keep a record of attendance of Board members at all board meetings

reasoning:
if a board member could be removed for not attending 2 board meetings then a record of attendance must be kept
Sky B.

Goldilocks
Brewmaster

Post by Goldilocks » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:41 pm

I like that!