Indiana State Fair Brewers Cup Judging/Awards-July 14

Kenny Lucas
Brewmaster

Post by Kenny Lucas » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:10 pm

I have booked a room as well for Saturday night, in the Raddison. John Dippel is staying with me. If anyone else needs in , I'm sure a cot can be provided. We plan on leaving E-ville at 3:00 am Saturday.

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:26 pm

Sounds like a plan. I'm taking Friday off and plan to brew so there is a slim chance I'll go up with Jack on Friday if I get done early. Most likely I'll catch a ride with you and John at 3 a.m. :shock: . I'll let you know Friday.
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm

Well, I think we all survived Brewer's Cup 2007. Click here for the photos.

Unfortunately, the club only got one award. Kenny Lucas won a 3rd place in IPA I believe. A very tough category. A new club won Homebrew Club of the Year this time. MECA beat out the FBI for the first time in Brewer's Cup history.

The stewards each brought home a case of left-over homebrew so there will be lots of mystery beer to share at the next meeting. Of course none of it is 1st place beer as all that was consumed in the Best of Show round, but there still should be some good stuff in there including 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Oh, when you're in Indy trying to find the Radison hotel for about an hour...at midnight...in Circle Center Friday night traffic...they changed their name to the Sheridan...(don't tell John or Kenny).
Chris Norrick
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:18 pm

Way to go Kenny!!

Blue shirts??? Where's the orange? Did you guys defect to the FBI or something?

I was hoping that we would place more beers this year. I can't wait for the judge's sheets.
Maybe next year...................
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 pm

I think the odds were against us. There were over 400 homebrews this year. They announced that two people submitted 24 entires each and one person sent in 25 entries :shock:
Chris Norrick
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:40 pm

Forgot to mention I picked up the shirts from the Brew-B-Q. I'll bring them to the SWIRCA meeting.

Chris Alvey
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Alvey » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:05 am

Congratulations Kenney! IPA even, definitely a tough category.

You done us proud.

jefrey3
Brewmaster

Post by jefrey3 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:05 pm

Anita is going to send me entry numbers & style categories for all the beers. We will be able to identify the mystery beers. Anita sent me the following email:

Jack,

Thank you all for coming and being so helpful. The Evansville guys have been Brewers Cup workhorses through the years. I'll get you a list of entry numbers and styles.

Anita

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:05 am

Anita sent me the list today. It's in two Excel files, one for Homebrew (HB) and one for Pro Brewers (PB). Enjoy!

CLICK for Homebrew List
CLICK for Pro-Brewers List

It's been hit or miss on mine. The first one I opened was a great java stout. I took 6 of them to poker night and none of them were all that great. I couldn't finish one.
Chris Norrick
Fermenting:
On Tap: