New Evansville Homebrew Store?

Justin Rumbach
Brewmaster

New Evansville Homebrew Store?

Post by Justin Rumbach » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:42 pm

I came across an ad for The Beer Buzz homebrew supplier recently. It caught my eye because it was an 812 area code. I went to the website to see where it was located in southern Indiana and was surprised to see it on Newburgh Road near the intersection with Washington Avenue?!

I can't envision a business on this corner other than the Shell gas station...maybe it is new or run out of a home?

Anybody been there? It would be great to have another supplier in the area (especially on the east side near my house!)

The Beer Buzz
6601 Newburgh Road, Evansville, IN 47715
812-568-7951
www.thebeerbuzz.com
For everyone I haven't met, I used to live in Evansville and was a member of OVHA. After moving home to Jasper, and missing having good friends to brew with, I decided to try to start my own club. I am happy to say that I have been the president of the Dubois County Suds Club since 2006 (although I still miss my OVHA buddies)!

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:12 pm

Interesting find, this will require some investigation!
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

JohnD
Brewmaster

Post by JohnD » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:13 am

I stopped by this address today to see what was going on (and to get a couple of things). The address is a house. It is also a homebrew store run on the internet. The owner is Ron Boreman. He is a homebrewer and just recently started this business. I invited him to our next meeting. So we have another supplier of products here in Evansville!! :beer9
His goal is to have a "real store", instead of running it out of his home, but for now this will work. He seems to have a good selection of grain, extracts,yeast, and misc. Phone is 812-476-7083

Justin Rumbach
Brewmaster

Post by Justin Rumbach » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:03 pm

Great work detective! So can we stop by his house at random hours to pick up those last minute items?
For everyone I haven't met, I used to live in Evansville and was a member of OVHA. After moving home to Jasper, and missing having good friends to brew with, I decided to try to start my own club. I am happy to say that I have been the president of the Dubois County Suds Club since 2006 (although I still miss my OVHA buddies)!

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:52 pm

I can see it now: 12 Midnight; 8 hours after the yeast pitch and no bubbles... Must get fresh yeast, NOW... BEER BUZ!!!
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Justin Rumbach
Brewmaster

Post by Justin Rumbach » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:28 pm

Chris Norrick wrote:I can see it now: 12 Midnight; 8 hours after the yeast pitch and no bubbles... Must get fresh yeast, NOW... BEER BUZ!!!
I think I might put him on speed dial! :D

jefrey3
Brewmaster

Post by jefrey3 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:15 pm

I discovered them on ebay a while back. I emailed them a request for info, but never received a reply.