Wanted to say hi!

madmacaw
Boilover Master

Wanted to say hi!

Post by madmacaw » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:39 pm

Wassup!

Just wanted to drop a line and say hi. I was in E'ville the day after Thanksgiving. Due to my former bandmate (Quentin) keeping me perpetually drunk, I didn't circulate much but I did get to Turoni's to sample Jack's fine brews (KILLER PORTER!).

Rumor is true... I'm building a distillery in Green Bay, WI. We will start producing in late fall.

First out of the gate will be a super premium vodka named Bravo. It will be all organic and made from malted barley and malted wheat. A cherry infused vodka will also be released that will feature the Door County cherry which is sourced 30 miles from where I live. This cherry is of the same origin as the schaarbeek cherry that is used in the production of Kriekbier, a lambic Belgian specialty beer. We will be releasing some super premium rums that will be aged in used Bourbon barrels, the first a 6 month old and a 1 and 3 year after that. Also aging will be some organic single malt whisky. The whisky barrels will be made of new, heavily charred oak.

We will be having some sort of grand opening event... all are welcome to come. It takes about 8 hours to get here from E'ville. Green Bay is a decent beer town as well... 5 brewpubs and a number of better beer bars. I'll post details as they become available.

I am leaving for Europe next Friday. I will be spending 2 weeks visiting Germany, Austria, France, Belgium and the Netherlands. I will be touring distilleries, breweries and malt houses. Thanks to Cargill Malt's Bill Ladish, I will be hosted by the maltings GM at the largest and most technically advanced malting in Europe which is near Leuven, Belgium. Should be interesting... I hope they allow pictures... all of the other Cargill plants that I toured have not. With this one being so technically advanced they may also follow the corporate policy.

Maybe I could use the forums' gallery section to post some of the pictures taken throughout my trip. However, you probably would not want to see the ones from the Netherlands except Heineken, Kettle One and Grolsch ;) ! (although... Jack might!)

I will be in the general area again in April. I am going to a distillers conference that is taking place at the Huber Starlight Distillery in Borden, IN. I will try to come to E'ville afterward. I want some more porter, Jack!

Eric Watson
VP, Distiller
Green Bay Distilling, LLC
Drink locally & frequently!

Ask not what your country can brew for you, ask what YOU can brew for your country!

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:04 pm

Welcome to the OVHA Message Board. Glad to hear from you. We had a board meeting just last Wednesday night at Turoni's and Jack was telling us about what you had been up to. Sounds very interesting. Keep us posted on the progress of the distillery. Also, please post some pictures of your trip to Europe.

Good luck and have a great trip!
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

madmacaw
Boilover Master

Thanks for the welcome!

Post by madmacaw » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:58 am

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I added a number of pictures to my gallery already and will add the Europe pictures when I return.

Eric
Drink locally & frequently!

Ask not what your country can brew for you, ask what YOU can brew for your country!